♥ the bar on the top of the tate modern, fantasting in the morning for breakfast time.
♥ vertigo42: ideal for a romantic and sunset drink, all London around you
♥ oxo tower: better for a special dinner
♥ coq d'argent at bank: make me wow!!! a special guy took me here, it was amazing, maybe it's better in hot season! It brings a touch of glamour and style to the City, offers stunning views across the Square Mile. Believe me if you wanna impress someone this is the perfect place to take her/him, believe me!
♥ gordon's wine bar: really posh but always cool
♥ princi: quick sweet stop during the day, just a delicious italian corner in Soho
♥ momos: north african restauran near Regent St, in the basement there is a stunning club, don't miss it!
♥ sketch: lovely club!!
Enjoy your day!! I miss London a lot... gosh!
This list is "work in progress"
I've just found this thinking on a blog and I like share them with you:
"[..] vorrei che ci provassimo, te ed io, perchè non ci proviamo?vorrei dirti che a vederti sorridere non capisco più nulla e mi sento fischiare le orecchie dalla contentezza. vorrei abbracciarti, e provare come un senso di vertigine." come un senso di vertigine.
"[..] dormo poco e male, ultimamente.ma quel poco che dormo, sogno te."
Once seated, unfold your napkin and put it on your leg, use it for occasionally wiping your lips or fingers speccially before drinking. At the end of dinner, leave the napkin tidily on the place setting.
It is good dinner table etiquette to serve the lady sitting to the right of the host first, then the other ladies in a clockwise direction, and lastly the gentlemen. Usually man fill in the glasses of women.
For the first course you must use just fork never knife. You can start eating just when the plate comig, it's not necessary waiting until all are served at your table, the etiquette is changed a bit ago. If you wanna say "Enjoy your meal" you can, some time ago this was unpolite.
It's quite acceptable to leave some food to one side of your plate if you feel as though you have eaten enough. On the other hand, don't attempt to leave your plate so clean that it looks as though you haven't eaten in days!
Desserts may be eaten with both a spoon and fork, or alternatively a fork alone if it is a cake or pastry style sweet.
Should a lady wish to be excused for the bathroom, it is polite for the gentlemen to stand up as she leaves the table, sit down again, and then stand once more when she returns.
Always make a point of thanking the host and hostess for their hospitality before leaving.
It is good dinner table etiquette to send a personal thank you note to the host and hostess shortly afterwards. If you go for the first time at friend's home it's quite polite send a plante or flowers before coming or the day after.
I've never been an addicted on music, I like it a lot but this is not my passion probably because avtualy I am a terrible singer and because maybe my parent didn't introcuce it properly to me when I was young. I like several different type of music and in the last months I've found quite good the rock music such as EELS, Cake, King of Leon, Artic Monkey, Fall out boy, Nickelback, Coldplay, Dave Matthwes Band, The Maccabees but also Paolo Nutini, Mayers Hawthorne, Mary J Blige, Tori Amos and Joss Stone!!!
On the net there are lots of websites where you can listen freely musics, here some of them, cheer you up:
http://songza.fm/ my favorite one
Guaranteed to brighten your day!
- CATS KIDSTON: is one of the most influential and original design companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. They have accessories, bags, clothings for women, children or babies, fabric, homeware in lots of floral, cute objects or dots prints. Absolutely must to go and buy something!
- EMMA BRIDGEWATER: they made pottery, all their cute products are unique and decorated by hand, and as well as decorating using hand-cut sponges
- POTTERY CAFFE': is a lovely place to relax by emma Bridgewater, you can have a go at creating your own, totally unique piece. I know you will enjoy the experience with your friends as I did!
- MARIMEKKO: Clothes, interior, design
- TWENTY8TWELVE: Clothes
- DAYLESFORD ORGANIC: homewere but also organic food
The menù was:
♥ Tuna steak with caponata (a Sicilian vegetable side dish)
♥ Mini cup chocolate muffin with mascarpone cream
INGREDIENTS for tuna steak with caponata (Serves 4)
1 lb tuna
3 ½ oz onion
3 ½ oz eggplants
3 ½ oz zucchini
3 ½ oz red peppers
1 clove of garlic
1 pinch salt
black pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil to taste
some drugs like olive, capers and oregan
In a frying pan pour a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, and start sautee the red onion first, then red pepper and, at last, the zucchini. After a 3 or 4 minutes minutes we can add the other ingredients: capers and the deep fried eggplant.
Once the Caponata is ready, put it at rest in a warm place, and move on to the Tuna steak.
The tuna steak should be at least 1 inch thick to be correctly seared. To prepare the steak, season the steak with salt and pepper. In a frying pan put some Italian extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic (to be removed later) and sears the tuna steak with 1 minute cooking time per side approx. (Actually I prefer the grilled tuna, you should get the tune greasy and then put it on the grill)
When the tuna steak is seared, it can be served as a whole steak, or cut into slices.
As a final preparation and serving tip, use a tin stamp to serve the caponata on the side of the dish, while serving the sliced seared tuna steak on the other side.
INGREDIENTS for mini cup chocolate muffin
⅝ lb Mascarpone cheese
3 ½ oz sugar
3 egg yolks
2 egg whites
4 tablespoons Rum
10 minutes preparationBeat three egg yolks with three spoonfuls of sugar. Add the mascarpone, gently fold it in and add four spoonfuls of rum. Then fold in two egg whites whisked to stiff peaks. Pour the mixture into individual dessert bowls and serve with any cake. This cream is particularly good with panettone, either fresh or toasted.
Here my favorite books:
- The Shadow of the Wind
- Io non ho paura
- High fidelity
- The history of love
- Ti prendo e ti porto via
- About a boy
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- Vivere, amare, capirsi
- The kite runner
- SERGIO - P.za S. Lorenzo,8/r closed every evening and Sunday. I LOVE FIORENTINA, it's the restaurant where all owner of market's stalls go to have lunch, really tipical and cheap!!! €
- I DUE G - Via Cennini, 6 close on Sunday. I LOVE RIBOLLITA €€
- TRATTORIA DA BURDE - Via Pistoiese 6/r close every evening (no Friday), on Saturday and Sunday. I LOVE PASTA FRESCA €€
- TRATTORIA MARIO - Via Rosina 2rangolo Piazza del Mercato Centrale open just for lunch from Monday to Saturday I LOVE PASTA €
How it works
1- Choose and buy the Smartbox you or your recipient would most enjoy – Adrenalin, Romantic Escapes, Gourmet Retreats and more. If it’s a gift, the Smartbox can be sent straight to the recipient if you choose
2- The recipient receives the Smartbox in a luxury package. The package includes a guidebook with a choice of up to 80 different themed activities to choose from (with no costs shown), plus a Smartbox activity voucher
3- The recipient decides which activity they’d like to do and books directly with the supplier using the details provided
4- When they arrive to enjoy the activity or experience, they simply hand over the enclosed Smartbox voucher to pay – no additional payment is needed
5- Thank You... They thank you with the enclosed card
I've also found in last days my granfather's machine, really antique, it's totally manual with an excellent lens. I'm goig to join a class and then I'm quite sure I'll take some wonderful pictures from my old camera. I'll post them and you might
300 g flour - 3 cups
100 g sugar - 1/2 cup
150 g unsalt butter melted - 2/3 cup
1 packet vanilla (dust)
1 pinch salt
1 bunch lemon peel
1 tablespoon almond juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 bunch fruit jam
Enjoy your cookies with a cup of tea!
- CHA CHA MOON - Chinese Noodle Bar
- HAKKASAN - Michelin star winning - Cantonese/Chinese
- DAYLESFORDORGANIC - organic, fresh, seasonal and local food
- LE FORMAGERIE - Stylish and unconventional Tasting Café
- LE PAIN QUOTIDIEN - sweet and salt bakery
- MOMO'S - moroccan -not for food but its so cool!!
- EAGLE, Farrington Rd - the oldest pub in London
- ELECTRIC - Portobello Road - Sunday brunch
- MAROUSH - Lebanese culinary art
- YAUATCHA - is a very glamorous place - dim sum restaurant, part tea-house and French patisserie
Hope you enjoy with my steers and of course am wating for yours as well such as comments! They are really welcome
- Every dress must always give you feeling of pleasure and describe yourself.
- You are a woman, don't forget, please be feminine, always.
- The main point is to be able to mix properly your pieces and, look! you don't need to spend lots of money to looking stunning but you have just to choose the right mix suitable with your body and your character.
- Put on what you want, follow your style and your tastes but choose the right clothes according to the occasions. Its different going to office, restaurant, club, family dinner, work meeting, mountaing, camping or luxury hotel and blablabla. Please think about it.
- I hate the word: common. I like feeling different, unusual from others. Try to distinguish oneself between others by uniqueness!! Its easy! Everyone dress up jeans, well you should put on velvet pants!
- Generally your wardrobe have to work to a simple statement dressing formula with excellent use of accessories.
- Use playful accessories to lift a classic outfit.
- Other good point: Mistery. Leave something to be imagined! Its ok discover yourself but please not the whole body! Keep in mind: short skirt or shorts & high necked tops, really deep v-nech & long bottoms!! There is a good point.
I've just found this NY fashion bar, futuristic fast-food counter, longe area and restaurant on the net in last days while was browsing some city-guide blogs and actually I've heard of this place for a while but unfortunately have never been there. No question, these miniatures are hot and too fashionable!! Why don't we have these delicious, stunning and cute food in Italy??? In PopBurger you can drink, dance or relax on lipstick-red banquettes and pick at plates of fantastic mini burgers.
The feeds of many bloggers are 100% positive: delicious food and great meal, good atmosphere, gorgeous place but ... just for cool people! Enjoy your NY night, it should be a really good laugh night!
Tell me your feeds.
- at 14 East 58th Street near Fifth Avenue
- at 58,60 Ninth Avenue
Borough Market - fresh food
Borough Market is an unmissable destination for London food lovers, catering to both top chefs in search of premium ingredients or just freshly prepared mouthfuls of culinary excellence. You'll find cured meats and crème caramel, tapas and fine cheeses – all in a bustling atmospheric setting. Borough Market is a food lovers' favourite free-for-all. This stunning food market offers a vast array of little artisans and difficult-to-find ingredients. The market is a delight for all the senses, and is best enjoyed with a big shopping bag and empty stomach whit those take-away delicius foods, there are a lot of places to grab a bite to eat, stalls cooking take-away food . On Saturday mornings - London Bridge
Columbia Road Flower Market guide - flowers - indipendent shops
With thousands of flowers crammed into one noisy Victorian terraced street, London's Columbia Road Flower Market is a taste of the Old East End. It's also one of the best places in London to pick up blooms and plants and a great way to wake yourself up on a Sunday. Columbia Road is full of cute gift shops. The flowers and plants are some of the best and cheapest. Columbia Road is also home to some of our favourite independent shops in London. It's the ideal place to relax at one of the many coffee shopsthat have sprung up around the street. Close to Brike Lane
Portobello Road Market - antiques - clothes - vintage - food
is a London institution. It's crammed with antique dealers, vintage fashion stalls, new and weird cloths and retro memorabilia but also lots of food stalls. Push on past the meagre pickings after Elgin Crescent and explore the fashion market under the Westway flyover. Best visited on a less-frantic Friday or Saturday morning, it’s here you’ll find fashionistas and frighteningly trendy teens delving through troves of prized vintage, boutique fashion and retro memorabilia. Otherwise, you’ll find them posing in the Portobello Star, the newly refurbished traditional-boozer-meets-chic-cocktail-hangout. If you are going to visit it on Sunday morning you must have brunch there, there are a lot of awesome places where you can have it. I suggest these fantastic ones:
- Electric Cinema (191 Portobello RoadLondon W11 2ED)
- Tom's Delicatessen (226 Westbourne GroveLondon W11 2RH)
- DaylesFordOrganic (208-212 Westbourne Grove, London W11 2RH )
A lot of tourists look for that blue door (‘Notting Hill’), well it is in ...
Spitalfields Market - clothes - vintage - food - young designers
In the 2003 Norman Foster redesigns Spitalfields Market (close to Liverpool st) now there's still plenty here to enjoy. On Thursday and Friday you'll find vintage or new fashion, antiques, ethnic or sweet or organic foods, young designer and ... space to breathe, on Sundays you can find everything you want, it's surely crowded. It is the best of markets. It now offers a different shopping experience: shops or stalls, chain restaurants or special ones like Canteen or St John's Bread. On one side lies an arcade of smart shops and eateries bordered with orderly market stalls (Spitalfields), and on the other, a cross section of stalls crammed into Old Spitalfields, the last remaining portion of the original market. A. Gold (42 Brushfield StreetLondon E1 6AG) is a little shop where you can taste or buy a variety of traditional British foods including cheeses, meats, teas, beers, wines, dairy products, biscuits and cakes, confectionery, condimentsoriginal and the best sandwiches around Spitalfields I've never had. They also bake a really special brown cake, the best I've never tasted!
Brick Lane Market - clothes - vintage - food - young designers - bric à brac
Brick Lane Market is where Eastern promise meets East End chaos, it the Bangladeshi area. As well as bric-a-brac and fruit and veg, you can now pick up everything from retro furniture to vintage jewellery or young designer's items, they sell directly to the pubblic, and stolen stuff too!! Brick Lane Market is growing faster, there are lots of independent boutiques like Laden Showroom (Independent designers shop. A wide range of womenswear, menswear and accessories including hats, jewellery, bags, belts and shoes, Victoria "Posh" Beckam is his devoted client!). The Old Truman Brewery, about half way up Brick Lane, is now home to a lively media / fashion / arts scene, with the buildings converted to studios and workspace, there is an indoor market too. An other indoor area is Backyard Market, it's a parking adapted into a market space on Sunday. There are lots of nice and weird places to grab coffee or a bite of handmade cakes or to have drink or meal in the afternoon. Get up on a Sunday to explore one of London's most successful local markets. If you fancy a Sunday curry this is the right place. Here some cozy places:
Brick Lane Beigel Bakery (the oldest bakery in this area, really cheap and 24h opened, lots of celebrity use to go there to grab a night bite)
Its a new way to get car without spending money of gestion cost. It allows to all users getting car, pre-booked, just for the needed time. The cars are in a lot of point spread among the town so it's quite easy to get it. Once you become a member you can access any vehicles within 24 hours, though you will most often use the one located closest to you.
Here is how it works:
You decide when you need the car and how long your trip will take. You reserve the vehicle using our online reservation site or by calling carsharing line. You can book the car anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you join you will be given a key fob which will allow you to lock/unlock and start any of the carsharing vehicles that you have reserved. This key fob is also used with the onboard computer located in each vehicle to calculate time of use and the millage the members drive. When you are finished your trip, you must return the vehicle to the designated parking space.
- Saving money
- Reduced environmental impact
- Shared community resources
- Free parking in ztl area
- Using bus and cab line
Payment? Pay as you go basing on time and km of using. I am really satisfied of this service!! well done!
And look! This service is growing everywhere: http://www.car2go.com/ Find the closest to you and join them and reduce your carbon emissions saving money and improving your health too.
Another really green and London's eco-taxi service is: http://www.greentomatocars.com/
When I read about it I immediatly thought "Its a really brilliant idea, I can't miss it of course! I must try". Today its my first lesson, I'll take my first cooking curse and am very keen on this special and fast course (just 30 minutes). I keep my fingers crossed. I'll be back to you with lots of feeds on this after lunch!!
Jesus!It was really interesting and so yummy!! I'll update this post later...
Ingredients 4 people:
400 gr Spaghetti alla chitarra Barilla
380 gr Mussels
600 gr Clams
600 gr Squids
150 gr Prawns
250 gr Fresh Tomato
150 gr Onion
1 Glass White wine
1 Glass extra Vergine Oil
Oregano, Galic, Parsley as much as need
• Put oil in a pan with garlic and minced parsley • Add seafood (mussles and clams precleaned) and then add the white wine. Cover till they will be opened.• After this turn off the fire. Put another pan on the medium heat with oil and onionn preminced • Add squids (julienne) and prawns (without shell) later add tomatos cut in 2 parts. Cook shortly and add mussles&clams).• In a pot cook the pasta followed this rule: 1000 100 10. 1000 water, 100 pasta, 10 salt! • Strain it and dress with the sauce. Finish this dish with a circle of oil.
Trust me they are very easy making, quite light and really delicious and flavoured!! Try it and let me know.
For more info: ♥ Academia Barilla